Vegetable spring rolls

The very first time I took part in a cookery competition was in grade 8. Well, I was a complete novice in cooking and just did not know what to cook. My mom told me to make spring rolls and she taught me how to make them. I wrote down the entire recipe and even practised how to serve it . The entire process was quite nerve wrecking for me and I followed the recipe to the dot. Not bad , I managed to get the second prize all thanks to dear mom !!!

Ingredients :

1 packet Spring roll wrappers
2 cups of shredded vegetables ( cabbage, carrot, capsicum, onions, spring onions, bean sprouts )
1 clove garlice crushed
salt to taste
white pepper to taste
1 tsp soya sauce
1 tsp tomato sauce
2 tbsp roasted powdered peanuts.
2 tsp oil

Method :

Heat oil in a wok. Add the garlic to the oil and saute till translucent. Next add the shredded vegetables and saute till the vegetables become soft but still retain the crispiness. Next add the soya sauce, tomato sauce , salt and pepper. Once the mixture is cool , add the roasted ,powdered peanut to the mixture. Now you have to fill the spring roll wrappers with the mixture. The spring rolls should be served hot and crispy , especially in a rainy day !!!

Comments

Popular Posts