Cabbage Onion Quiche

Hello friends, So sorry that I have been out of action for a long time . I am now back with some really interesting baked recipes.

Today my family wanted something continental for dinner. Well I haven't made quiche till date. So thought lets give it a try.

This quiche recipe is very easy and I made it with whatever vegetables I had in my refrigerator.  

FILLING:
Ingredients:
1 cup cabbage chopped
2 onions chopped
1 small capsicum chopped
1/2 cup mushrooms sliced
1 clove garlic crushed
1/2 a bunch spring onions
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp Italian herbs
salt as required.

Method:  Saute all the vegetables in 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Normally it is made in butter but considering all health benefits lets use olive oil ! Once cooked keep aside to cool.

SAUCE: 
Ingredients:
3 eggs
1/2 cup cream
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup cream cheese.

Method : Whisk all the ingredients till they become smooth. I haven't added any salt in the sauce as the Parmesan has enough salt in it.

Assembling:
Line a greased Quiche pan with a layer of puff pastry. Fill the pastry evely with the vegetable filling. Next pour the cream sauce over the vegetables and tap gently. Decorate it with halved cherry tomatoes and chopped coriander leaves. Bake at 180 degree celcius for 20-25 minutes till golden and bubbling. Serve hot.

Comments

Popular Posts