Mishti Doi

Mishti Doi is probably one of my favorite desserts among all the sweet dishes you may find in India. Even though I'm a South Indian and from Madras, I'm still a fan of mishti Doi !!! Probably because I spent the first three years of my life in Calcutta. I remember my mom used to get me a small portion of mishti Doi , which is still served in small earthen pots, on our way back home after my school. I used come home, eat my lunch ( without any noise ) and wait to get my hands on my mishti Doi !!! 
This is my version of making mishti Doi at home. The evaporated milk adds a bit of the caramelized flavor to the dish. 



Ingredients
1 cup full cream milk 
1 cup evaporated milk 
1/2 cup condensed milk 
1 tbsp ghee (clarified butter) 
1 cup yoghurt 

Method
Mix the full cream milk, evaporated milk and the condensed milk into a smooth mixture. Heat it over a slow flame till it's warmed through. You may add the ghee now. Once the mixture is lukewarm, switch off the flame add the yoghurt and mix till it is a smooth mixture. 
Preheat the oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit for 5 minutes. Pour the mixture into an earthen pot and bake for 60 minutes at 200 degrees Fahrenheit. 
Let it cool for 2 hours and then refrigerate. Serve it chilled !! 

Comments

Popular Posts