Chilled Lime Dessert


Hi friends, I was invited to a friend's place for a potluck and I was assigned DESSERT !!! It has been pretty hot these days in Singapore, so for obvious reasons I wanted to make something cold which would not melt. Just in time I got my latest Indian edition of " The Good Housekeeping" . It contained a monthly dessert calendar...how interesting right ? Well so this recipe is from that booklet. Do try it out and let me know how it turned out. Extremely simple and delicious recipe .


Ingredients :
1/2 tin condensed milk
100 gm low sugar biscuits
6 tbsp butter
50 ml lime juice
150 ml fresh cream
a few drops of green color optional

Method :
Crush the biscuits fine , add the melted butter and mix well. Press this into a greased shallow glass dish and chill for about 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
Whisk the condensed milk and lime juice together till thick. Whip the cream till soft peaks form and fold it into the condensed milk mixture and gently mix till combined well.
Pour onto the chilled biscuit base and swirl the green color through the mixture to get a marbled effect. Freeze for 1-2 hours or till set. 

Comments

Popular Posts