Tiramisu


Last night I had my entire family over dinner. I started to think what I could make for a group of 30 people. I suddenly remembered that there was a wonderful recipe of tiramisu in our "straits times " newspaper. I'm going to share the recipe with all of you since the final product was sheer finger licking goodness !!!! 

Ingredients
350 ml triple strength coffee or espresso, warm 
100 gram sugar
75 ml cognac or rum 
2 egg yolks 
500 gm mascarpone cheese ( room temperature) 
1 200 gm pack of ladyfinger biscuits 
1.5 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder 
Method
I made this dessert one day before as the flavors are all absorbed. Add sugar to the coffee, stir until it dissolves and let the mixture cool completely. Add the liquer. 
Pour 50 ml of the coffee liquer mixture into a large mixing bowl , add the egg yolks and whisk. 
Scoop the mascarpone cheese into the bowl and mix well with a spoon. The mixture will curdle a little but continue mixing until it is smooth. Have ready a glass dish. Use one that measures 25 cm by 20 cm and which has a cover. 
Dip the biscuits quickly into the coffee liquer mixture and line the bottom of the dish. Be quick because the sodden biscuits will fall apart in your hands. Spoon over half the mascarpone mixture, smooth it over the biscuits with a spoon. 
Repeat the dip and line process, top off with the rest of the mixture and smooth it out. Discard the remaining coffee mixture. 
Cover the dish and place in the freezer for 45 mins. Transfer it to the fridge and leave it there overnight. 
Just before serving , spoon the cocoa powder into a fine sieve and cover the top of my h tiramisu with it. Serve immediately. 
This recipe serves 10-13 people. I doubled the recipe and served my group of 30 people. 

Comments

Popular Posts